Friday, June 5, 2009

Simply because I must...

After reading baseball card blog after baseball card blog and enjoying watching pack breaks of 80s junk wax I became inspired to share with you lovely people my own forays into the dark and mass produced world of junk wax and it's related byproduct -- the cards themselves.

Why junk wax you ask?

Where else can you bask in the warm glow of getting stacks of greats of the game and long ago forgotten journeyman, all for prices that in many instances rival the mere cents per pack that they originally retailed for.

So with that I now set you up for the first two subjects in our examination:

1982 Fleer

Where we will shoot for this:
And... more likely than not end up with this:
Sure... they're both Orioles but... somehow one would probably generate much greater excitement and interest from yours truly, no offence to Mr. Lowenstein, I just needed him to make a point.

And for the second item I shall relish the glory that is: 1988 Topps Football

I think we all know what we're shooting for here:
Indeed, the vaunted Jerome Brown Topps Super Rookie... or I suppose I would settle for this guy:
Ahh... that's more like it. So what if it isn't worth much these days? How can you EVER go wrong with Bo? It's practically a hobby commandment.

So now the waiting game begins a bit, the stuff hath been ordered and is already en route, so now I just need to get it in and I will pop them open and share my findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment